Sunday, September 30, 2007

tim(p)y magic

A few months ago, I decided to take a break from playing in the band as I didn't feel quite right about it at the time. Having taken a few months out of the band, I made my return a couple of Sundays ago.

Having been to practice this week, I got my drumming mojo back. As it was Glen's stag do yesterday he was at home for the weekend. Davo was in Manchester. These three mutually exclusive facts meant that I was the head percussionist at the Rink today.

I was great!

I know that sounds big headed, but I was in fine form today. Two people whose musical opinions I trust said that I sounded good and another still (whose musical opinions I trust slightly less) said it was the best he had heard me play! Now that's got to be a good thing!

Timmy "Buddy Rink" Magic

(PS I know the title says Tim(p)y Magic and am very aware of the fact that a) timps weren't mentioned until now and b) it should have another 'm' in it)

No comments: