Tuesday, September 25, 2007

90ish days too soon

I went into London this afternoon, in search of food, DVDs and somehwere that wasn't the college.

I ended up, as I often do, on Oxford Street. I felt the need for a little culture so instead of heading straight to HMV and Virgin Megastore, I went to Books Etc/Borders (whichever one it is next to Superdrug on the east side of Oxford Circus)

I ventured towards the crime section. It was all very good. Likewise with the computer book section, the language book section and the music book section.

It was only as I descended the escalator (which I suppose would make it a de-escalator) I spotted something that sickened me.

Calendars.

More specifically, calendars for the year 2008. If you glance to the top of this post you will see today's date. 25th September 2007. 97 days before we greet the New Year. That is over 3 months until the festivites. Over a quarter of the year is still left.
So why do we need next year's calendars now? We don't for a few months!

Timmy "Dust off the decorations" Magic

No comments: