Friday, May 13, 2005

what a week!

Hello there fans!

What a week this week has been! And what excitement it has seen!

Chelsea were crowned Premiership champions, my exams finished and Manchester United were bought out by the US tycoon, Malcolm Glazer.

I have heard Chelsea described as a great team, but can't help but feel that the pundits are jumping the gun slightly. This season is the first time in 50 years that Chelsea have won the league, the second time in thier history that they have won the league cup, they haven't won the FA Cup in 5 years and have had no European trophies in 7 seasons. To be calling them a great team after one great season is a bit presumptuous. Look for example at Blackburn Rovers, who won the League in 1995 and were relegated only a few seasons later.

I can see it now - Chelsea - Championship Winners 2006/07

Exams are over! Rejoice greatly!

Lastly, Manchester United has been bought by Malcolm Glazer and there has been uotrage amongst the fans. This takeover bid (stop singing!) will ruin the club, or so the fans say. The BBC News site reports that people are cancelling their memberships left, right and centre. Calls of "Not another Leeds!" are heard. Now I am sure we will see the the real glory-hunters are.

See the club through the good times, and when a decision doesn't go the way you want, get stroppy and throw your rattle ou of the pram.

It almost makes me sad to be a Man Utd fan... almost!

Magic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It almost makes me sad to be a Man Utd fan... almost!" - you seem to be a typical United fan - you live in London!

Timmy Magic said...

That's true! I do live in London. But I am a Middlesex cricket fan and a Saracens rugby fan, both of whose grounds are within 5 miles of my house.

Let's be honest, how many people in London support London teams? Off the top of my head I can think of Liverpool, Sunderland, Southampton and Northampton fans who live in London!