Sunday, August 15, 2004

Weddie's Edding.... I mean Eddie's Wedding!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to the wedding of Eddie and her new husband, Richard.

Now to say Eddie dresses extravagantly is a bit of an understatement, but I don't think I have ever seen her a) dressed so un-extravagently and b) looking so beautiful.

After a short marriage service, we all made our way up to the Waterfront Place, where there were some lovely pictures taken.

I did something bad though. I had some Buck's Fizz! At first I thought it was just bad tasting orange juice, then it emerged that it had champagne in it! D'oh!

We had some speeches from the father of the bride, the groom and then the best man, who didn't tell any embarassing stories or any rude jokes!

The post speech meal was lovely, and what we were all really there for!
We started with some lovely tomato soup, followed by steak in red wine gravy and topped off with some divine profiteroles!

After the meal, we all reluctantly were dragged up to the dancefloor by Stacey and Stef! as the first few dances progressed, we realized that the DJ was stuck somewhere in the early 60's, playing such modern choons as "Goodness Gracious! Great Balls of Fire!"

His previous record notwithstanding, he was quite good, and we all looked pretty silly dancing (together!)

The car was nicely decorated with traffic cones, silly string and ribbons as they made their way off to their honeymoon destination!

Later I will bring the account of today, and the meeting related antics we enjoyed!

No comments: