Sunday, August 15, 2004

Sunday Antics

This morning, I may have overslept slightly! When I finally rolled out of bed at 9.00am, I realised I may be a bit late for the Army, so I went in shorts and an Army t-shirt, with my uniform in my bag! After the meeting, we went to Mr Scott's for lunch. It was almost a repeat of last night's meal, apart from the fact we didn't have steak, soup or profiteroles, just roast beef! It was, as always, lovely! After lunch, Clare came round and we watched her DVD of JS Camp. Featured on this was the famous Monkey World, including Gordon and Tuan, the fighting orangutans!

In the evening meeting, the fun started! Adrian Hampel aka Lou's Dad thought it would be funny to put Fairy Liquid down Lou's baritone. When mixed with the water from Louisa's mouth, the usual effect was achieved, and bubbles came out of her instrument! And all this during the first tune!
Garry and Louisa had a small battle as to who would have more space on the platform. This involved much pushing of chairs, moving of stands and general angry banter.
The fun was further achieved when somebody gave her testimony, she went on at great lengths about getting the bus, people dying and getting lovely letters. Amen!

Most of the band were listening intently, though others were eager for her to finish her delightful story.

Post-meeting we were supposed to go to Gemma and Natalie's for an impromtu YF, but it didn't happen, so Lou and I engaged in some banter at home!

I must go now, as 5.30 won't come easy tomorrow morning!
So, adoring fans, for now, fare thee well!

Magic

No comments: