Wednesday, January 09, 2008

the return of cyclocop - dm style

Today saw the welcome return of Cyclocop to the streets of London. After a brief respite in late 2007, while I puppy walked some new people, I was back in action for the first time in 2008.

It also saw the first time I had patrolled from my new home at Marylebone Police Station following the borough restructure. It was fairly painless although some things did go missing and it is a dive. We won't dwell on that though - we will remain positive!

As part of Cyclocop patrolling today I went through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. On the way back into the station I hit a slight snag. I entered Kensington Gardens a little before 1645 via Bayswater Road. I made my merry way towards Marble Arch and when I arrived at the exit, it was locked. As were all the other exits I could find. Therefore I had to lift my bike over a fence, climb over the fence, stand on my bike then cycle away. Not necessarily an issue unless you are lit up like a Christmas tree and in a bright yellow jacket!

Hopefully no-one saw me, but keep your eyes on YouTube just in case!

Timmy "Cyclohop" Magic

1 comment:

Asp said...

You'd just climbed over to investigate reports of suspicious behaviour, and were now leaving the park after seeing no signs of cyclists in bright yellow jackets as reported - right? ;)