Friday, June 22, 2007

magic tackles armed man

Today I helped my friend Karen move house. It was uneventful aside from a few moments of great hilarity that were funny to us but wouldn't be to anyone else.

That was until we decided to go to the Old Kent Road to drop some furniture off at the BHF shop. As we were driving along, Karen spotted a man collapsed on the floor outside a shop. Karen, in her caring, nursing manner, asked if we should stop to help. So we did.

A girl had called an ambulance but was a bit nervous so I helped the ambulance operator understand what had happened. As the man woke up from his drunken unconsciousness, I spotted something in the waistband of his trousers. It was a big knife. So I asked him what it was and he said it was a "shooter". It clearly wasn't so I gave him fair chance to get rid of it while Karen was checking up on him.

He then decided to stand up and take the knife from his waistband.
So I did what one would expect. No, I didn't run away.

I used a Home Office approved restraint technique and threw him against a shop window. After several good hard shoves and some assistance from a very helpful builder he dropped the knife and we got the paramedic to get a police officer to come along!

All in a day off I suppose

Timmy "Sharp spotting" Magic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, I applaud you. The streets of London are safe in your hands. I am in the Paddington area this afternoon so if you could be on the look out then that would be great.....you're probably not working though!!

Mitchenstein said...

Hey Tim - after reading your post, I was just wondering whether you wanted to join up with me to form the new British Power Rangers. I think it would be kinda cool.

We just need to find a couple of others to help us out...