Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Gospel Arts Weekend

This weekend saw the long awaited arrival of the Gospel Arts Festival at the Royal Albert Hall. We set off from home, went for a meal at a fab restaurant in Trocadero (which I can heartily recommend, its called OnAnon and does lunch up until 5pm, and it only costs £3 each.)
We then wended our way to the RAH and met Paul S in full ISB regalia (including tunic and cap!)
There were loads of familiar faces, including my mate General Gowans (who I saw twice!), as well as a few I didn't know.
One of the former, Miss Z Elliot, recounted an amusing tale about me and my shorts at Music School 2002. That was great, of course!
The concert itself was great, though a bit long. Joy Webb got the Order of the Founder, and the guy sat next to me gave her a standing ovation (though he was the only one who did)
The ISB and ISS were great, and they both filled their allotted time well (!)
The Troops and their marching was interesting, and the TYB had a pretty good go at "Faith Reborn", the musical tribute to the Seoul Boys Band.

On the journey home, I was assaulted by 2 drunken Spurs fans!
Well, not really assaulted, but they did open the toilet door on the train while I was in there.

On a side issue, read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" 'cause it's a brilliant read.

I want to finish with a joke, but I can't think of any good ones.
So
Why did the hedgehog cross the road?




To see his flat mate!!!

No comments: