Monday, June 21, 2004

Hastings - Rink Band

This week I have mainly been at Hastings with Regent Hall Band, but also at home with my mum (yes, it was Father's Day, no, I didn't get him a card!)
The weekend got off to an eventful start when I arrived at the hall to load the van with no keys, no van and no help. To add to this, I had a huge list of stuff to take for other people. You know who you are!
When the van and Norman arrived, we loaded up almost everything from the band library, including all the stuff we didn't need. We then set off out of London, in a very roundabout way, before getting to the A12 at Hackney and heading back into London. At this point I was despairing, so went to sleep.
The tale continued as I awoke to find we were about 6 inches from the back of the next car, and travelling at a fair pace.
We then trundled along in towards Hastings, with Norman bemoaning every bit of roadworks and every corner (but still not slowing down any.)
The concert itself was well received, and the food was good.
What followed the festival was what will no doubt amuse the band greatly

Details to follow after England beat Croatia (hopefully!)

No comments: