Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fun Events of this Weekend

This weekend has been fairly eventful, with the amusing and/or notable bits starting on Thursday afternoon.
When I got out of Chelmsford rail station, who did I see but the YP Bandleader. Though there was something a little different about him. He was looking slightly more gifted in the nose department than I remember, for he had been at a Jewish wedding and, in wearing a skull cap (or yarmulke), had accepted the Semitic ways.
I supposed I should have expected it, with him being called David.
Therefore DTW should be renamed to David Dov Ben-Paul Wrightenstein.
(ed. David is, of course, the name of a Jewish king and Dov is Hebrew for bear (in honour of Dave's work hat)
Anyway!
Friday was a normal dull day at THQ, though I had a driving lesson, and shocked my instructor because I could do complex driving maneuvers in my "first" lesson.
By complex I mean moving off, changing gear, and the age-old left-hand reverse. Complex for a learner I guess.
Saturday was unproductive, especially as a result of my trip to Burtons Chelmsford. Evidently the only pair of the trousers I wanted left in the world are the ones that I took back for being too big!
I managed to sneak a quick peek at the private bit of the wedding, before tearing it up Longmead Avenue and nearly collapsing at the end.
After "freshening up" I went off to the wedding reception.
When I saw the blushing bride, who I am sure will agree can be described as being slightly unsubtle, I was greeted in a way you wouldn't expected to be greeted on a girl's wedding day! (I think it was "Hello Sexpot", but there may have been another term of endearment in there!)
Jo the bridesmaid (who felt like the best man and was looking beautiful) dragged me to the dance floor, where I would have looked stupid had Richard not been dragged up too!
Jo claimed that she only had 2 slow dances with me because I was rubbish the first time, but we both knew it was because I was the only handsome guy there!
Once Mr and Mrs Lewis were on their way, Lou (on her second trip to the reception) and I went for a drink in the village pub and talked about various people we knew.
Sunday was not quite as exciting, but we had Richard Mc I over for dinner. (We sure know how to have fun!)
Now I am off to bed, as I have to be up for work again tomorrow.

No comments: