Saturday, August 01, 2009

the good old days

This week I have been back in Chelmsford. Through the bizarre and oft unpredictable way of the Army, my parents have been appointed to the corps there 5 or so years after they left. (Mum and Dad are church leaders, who have been in Ireland for a while and lived in Chelmsford before, while I did my A-levels.)

In time away, heaps of stuff changes. The toddlers of my time now make up the kids choir, the kids choir of the time now make up the university students and those who studied then, work now.

I have been able to rekindle relationships that were put on hold (rather than ended) when we moved away.

What struck me most, though, is the welcome I received. My parents were still on their way to move in when I was first invited to be part of a church group and before they have started work, have been re-immersed in all the goings on of church.

I can't help but wonder if this is what church should be...

I love my church here in London and am in no way in a rush to leave it, but boy, am I excited to be involved in the happenings at Chelmsford (albeit at a distance!)

(As an aside, they have a new hall recently opened, and I will blog about it, with photos in the next 10 days or so)

Timmy "Essex emigrant" Magic

No comments: