Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the return of cinemagic

Today I went to the cinema for the first time in a while. I was too late for one showing and too late for another of 21, the film I may see tomorrow, so I settled for Son of Rambow.

Quoted in the press as being one of the funniest British films in recent years, I was expecting something like the recent Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright but it just wasn't.

It was a good film, nonetheless, but just lacked something. It was a little too comic for what could have been a nice story exploring some different issues. It is not really comic enough for it to be a good comedy. Having said this, the film is good and would be good to invest in when it's out on DVD.

It is a story with a genuine feel to it. Issues of bullying, loneliness and friendship are explored and dealt with sensitively.

Timmy "Not Ram-tastic" Magic

No comments: