Tuesday, February 19, 2008

teen pregnancy - in this case, it is cool

Today I decided that I didn't want to be a slob around the house all day, so I went out to the cinema for a walk.

I set out yesterday to go to the cinema but got waylaid by missing Oyster cards and forgotten keys. This afternoon, however, I made it to see Juno and it's brilliant. I was slightly concerned by the fact that I was the only person laughing at most of the jokes, until I realised that I was one of the only people in the cinema.

The humour is very similar to that of Napoleon Dynamite, which I very much enjoyed.

The eponymous protagonist is loveable from the opening scene to the last, and it is easily possible to identify with her. The film has no heroes and villains but in some way, everyone has their own positive and negative qualities.

See it! It's great!

Timmy "Thundercats are GO!" Magic

1 comment:

Jude said...

totally agree with you! loved it & yes enjoyed laughing out loud in the cinema (aint done that in quite a while!)