Sunday, April 29, 2007

salvationism recognised

Today I have been filling in my online Police Officer application for the Met. I have done all the non-important bits (name, date of birth, education history) and will embark on the competency based questions later on.

However the last thing I did before I logged off was the diversity section. I was asked to list my age (18 - 24), ethnic origin (White British), sexual orientation (Heterosexual) and my religion, faith or belief. So I scrolled to Christian and saw, amongst others listed, Church of England, Church of God, Church of Ireland and Church of Scotland. So I scrolled down a bit more, in the general direction of the letter 's' and found Salvationist!

application

I really didn't expect to see that kind of specifics, even in a politically correct organization like the Police.

Timmy "Shocked Salvo" Magic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do have a Salvationist as Director of Human Resources

Timmy Magic said...

True enough - but not many Salvo police officers (I know 5)

Johnny said...

Years ago, I used to be in the Corps Band with 4 Coppers, there was another Soldier Policman, plus a retired Policeman in the congregation.


My guess there are a lot more Sally Army coppers than you realize.

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/www_uki.nsf/vw-dynamic-index/A9B4A976D164CBA980257090002ED5D6?Opendocument