Wednesday, February 28, 2007

tears of magic

Today I did a bad thing. I made a woman cry.
She was cycling along a narrow pavement on her mobile, so I pulled her over (it is, after all, the only traffic power I have.)

When I told her she was going to get a £30 fixed penalty notice, she asked me to have a heart and began to cry. I then proceeded to discuss the fact that I do have a heart, that she had done something illegal and that we were only getting cold, wet and wasting time by discussing it.

She then asked if I felt good about giving her, an "innocent woman", a ticket. I told her that I didn't, but as it was my first ticket, I secretly did!

Timmy "FP-anyone caught will get a fine" Magic

4 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

Is it illegal to cycle using a mobile? I didn't know that... Not that I've ever done it... If I tried I'd just hit a wall.

Anonymous said...

I've never tried cycling on my mobile - I usually use a bicycle!!

You are a hard hearted so and so.

What about hearts and minds? Wouldn't a stern ticking off sufficed?

I think I'll steer clear of your patch.

Timmy Magic said...

I THINK that a bike counts as a vehicle for the offence, just as it does for jumping a red traffic light and ignoring no entry signs.

And to be fair, it was my first ticket in over a year of working - it was well overdue

Katie said...

Thanks very much for your comment Tim, as I type this John is on his way back from London with Twinkies (and some Hersheys chocolate for good measure). He might not have appreciated your post but I certainly did!

Thanks again,

Katie