Friday, July 28, 2006

the emerald isle

As I write this post, I can see Stormont Castle, home of the Northern Irish Parliament, government to the home of Matt, Simon, Tim, Natalie, Heather et al. I am sitting at my parent's computer in their new house in Belfast. I am also doing something I never thought I would do again - I am using dial-up internet!

So what's new? I am still a bit tired after the long day at Wembley for commissioning, though it was a nice day. Sunday was a regular Army day, apart from the fact it was George Sharman's dedication and Simon and Beth were there. Also I was the colour sergeant (flag man) for the dedication. Be warned that wearing contact lenses and a hot day don't go well together as the sweat gets in your eyes and makes them hurt.

Monday was the British International Motor Show which was not as good as I had hoped, as there were a great many manufacturers who were not there. Having said this, I fell deeper in love with the Honda Jazz. All I need to do now is learn how to drive!

Tuesday was a fun filled day as I flew to the Emerald Isle to catch up with my parents. I flew in a bit late but had a really quick through the airports at both ends which was nice. I have seen a bit of the culture so far (Samson and Goliath, the Harland and Wolff cranes) and had an Ulster fry, possibly the most fatty thing I have ever had. From what I could gather, it was invented by someone who had a mix of ingredients left in the fridge and decided to fry them up and call it a traditional meal!

Tomorrow we are off to Dublin, so I will fill you in on that later on!

So for now, beir bua agus beannacht!

Timmy "Top o' the morning" Magic

No comments: