Friday, September 24, 2004

Tim The Hamburger

As you probably know, I have recently been in Hamburg for a bit of a holiday. There isn't really much to report, as I went alone. There is therefore no banter as such to report.
It should be noted however that I broke my own personal record for greatest number of German sausages consumed in a 7 day period. After a slow start by not eating any on Monday, I had one on Tuesday and Wednesday, a single sausage on Thursday, four on
Friday, and one per day from Saturday until Monday. Yes, 10 Bratwuerst in 7 days. That of course does not include the 2 Currywuerst I ate in between.

Whilst there, I managed to blag 3 days in Berlin, if was willing to sleep in the primary room of an Army hall. Needless to say, I went. I visited various landmarks whilst there, including Checkpoint Charlie. This was the 3rd Checkpoint between East and West Berlin. It was here that I took a rather interesting photo, which shows that the Internet isn't all is cracked up to be.

I saw a sign offering a photo "mit uniformierte Soldaten" which means "with a uniformed soldier". However they had done an internet translation from German into English. That would be fine, had they not translated "uni-formierte" which, of course, means "university formed". That had the same problem in Dutch too!

Anyway! I had a great time, and I will probably upload some pictures over the weekend.
Later on you will get yourself a write up of the Songster trip to Bognor Regis! Aren't you just the luckiest?
Yes. You are.

No comments: