Saturday, December 27, 2008

lonesome movies

I got back from Ireland this afternoon and, after a brief trip home to drop my overweight bag off and have a shower, decided to go out, eat, watch some sport and a movie.

I packed myself off to the Sports Cafe, at a nice hot dog and watched the first half of Ulster's defeat at the hands of Leinster.

Then I went to see Choke, a film that has been out for a few weeks (pre-Christmas) and is rude but hilarious. Written by Chuck Palahniuk, author of the brilliant but odd Fight Club, it tells the story of a man who will do the immoral to pay for his mother's mental health care. Oh, and he's a sex addict too!

As I say, the film is a bit rude at times, but is generally pretty good and funny, but I sense it may be only suited to a certain sense of humour!

Even better was the fact that the cinema was completely empty apart from me! I used my cinema card so didn't pay for my ticket and Cineworld made no money from me!

Timmy "Choked Out" Magic

No comments: