Wednesday, July 25, 2007

facebook - the world's greatest waste of time

I have discovered the worst waste of time ever - Facebook

Even as I wrote this post, I had to stop twice to check it. Hours literally disappear at the behest of this website.
At the same time, however, it is wonderful! I have got in contact with friends in California and Panama. I have rekindled relationships (albeit virtual) with former school chums and former workplaces. I have internet friends who I haven't seen in years and real life friends who started out as random meetings and internet friends!

If you haven't hopped on board the good ship Facebook, it is worth it!
But wave goodbye to the shore of reality and social life...

Timmy "Facebook Fanatic" Magic

1 comment:

Katie said...

I had the misfortune of jumping on the facebook bandwagon nearly two years ago, as it used to be exclusive to a few universities, and was a massive craze at Durham during my final year! So we all kissed our degrees goodbye...

(By the way, the effect doesn't wear off. I still check it ALL the time :-S)