Sunday, September 10, 2006

veni, vedi, wiki - or i came, i saw, i blogged

Seasoned visitors to my blog (ie those who have read some of the previous 150 posts) will have noticed that I refer a lot to Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia that is edited by everyone who wants to. It is generally a good source of information and, owing to the fact is is user edited, has an article on pretty much everything. If there isn't an article on it, you can create it!

This article from Wired News, an American tech magazine, tells of a journalist who wrote an article about "wikis" (user editable posts and articles) and then made it wiki-able! The results are certainly worth reading, especially in relation to the fast moving internet times!

Veni, Vedi, Wiki

Timmy "Wiki Woo!" Magic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the marvel of the wiki.
I was foolish enough to once say I knew how to use wikipedia.
As I result, I'm now the manager of the Motorsport Wiki.
It's great, I know technically I can practically do anything to the site. How though, I haven't got the foggiest...

Timmy Magic said...

Wow! Something Asp can't do! I never thought I would see this day...

Good to hear from you - hope sunny Colchester is ok